“I am currently studying for a Post Graduate (Level 7) Diploma in Strategic Leadership and Management with Developing ‘U’ – CMI accredited. I would highly recommend this service provider. Mandy and her team are highly committed to their students and the customer service experience is outstanding. Highly recommend Developing ‘U’. (Mandy Underwood FCIPD Chmg FCMI).”
Nathan Andrews via Linkedin
- Benefits of working with Developing U
- Benefits of undertaking a Management & Leadership Qualification
- Choosing your Management & Leadership Qualification Level
- Level 3 Qualification in First Line Management
- Level 5 Qualification in Management & Leadership
- Level 7 Qualification in Strategic Leadership
- How online learning works
- Online learning resources
- How assignments and assessments work
- The support you will receive
- What if I have Special Learning & Assessment requirements?
- Is online learning suitable for me?
- Assignment Deadlines
- How much does it cost?
- How to Book
Online qualifications are for individuals who want to sharpen their leadership skills and excel in their profession. This online learning programme will give you a guided pathway to successful achievement of a Management & Leadership Qualification with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Qualifications can be taken at three levels:
- Level 3 First Line Managers (designed at A Level)
- Level 5 Middle Managers (designed a degree level)
- Level 7 Strategic Managers (designed at post graduate/masters level)
Our flexible programme enables you to undertake short, medium or long term qualifications based on your needs.
Throughout your programme you will be have:
- Free access to friendly support from subject experts
- Free access to help and guidance on the Developing U Website
- Free membership of the CMI offering a wealth of useful resources and services
- Free access to the CMI Library
Benefits of working with Developing U
- Flexible, you are no longer tied to inconvenient, time consuming workshops; online learning qualifications can be studied anywhere, any time to suit your needs
- Compatible with tablets and mobile phones enabling you to study on the go
- Stimulating on line learning pathways in bite size chunks with sessions as short as 5 minutes so you can build up your qualification at your own pace
- Helpful, professional team on hand to give you the support you need to gain your qualification
Benefits of undertaking a Management & Leadership Qualification
- You will have a Management Qualification recognised across the UK and Europe
- Fully portable, your qualification will enable you to access better career opportunities
- You will gain recognition for enhancing your knowledge, understanding and practice of management
- You will be feel equipped to meet daily management challenges in a professional, proficient way therefore raising your confidence and ultimately your status in the organisation
- You will be able to display the CMI post nominal on your CV thus enhancing your desirability to prospective employers
- Independent research shows that qualified leaders earn an additional £152,000 over the course of their career
- Download the CMI Brochure – Download CMI Brochure – Jump Right Into a Qualification
Choosing your Management & Leadership Qualification Level
Getting the right level and duration of qualification is critical. When you decide to undertake your qualification John or Mandy Underwood will undertake a short interview with you to help you to select the best level. Here are some points you might consider in making your choice:
The Level 3 qualification in First Line Management is developed for aspiring leaders, junior managers, supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity and who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills and knowledge.
Download the CMI Brochure on the Download CMI Brochure on Level 3 Qualification in First Line Management
The Level 5 qualification in Management & Leadership is designed for practising middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core management skills.
Download the CMI Brochure on the Download CMI Brochure on Level 5 Qualification in Management & Leadership
The Level 7 qualification in Strategic Management & Leadership is developed for directors and senior managers who have the responsibility to translate organisational strategy into effective performance, the Level 7 qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership require the manager to focus on the implementation of their organisational strategy.
Download the CMI Brochure on the Download CMI Brochure on Level 7 in Strategic Management
Deciding upon the length of the programme
All three levels of qualification can be taken as a short, medium or long term programme.
- A short term programme is an Award. Awards are one subject and take between 3 and 6 months to compete
- A medium term programme is a Certificate. Certificates are two subjects in length and take between 6 and 8 months to complete.
- A long term programme is a Diploma. Diplomas are five to six subjects in length and take between 15 and 18 months to complete.
You can decide which programme length best suits you. Many candidates start with an Award or Certificate and ‘top-up’ to a Diploma at a later date.
Subjects covered during your qualification
The following subjects have been carefully chosen to provide a clear pathway through the qualification covering topics which are relevant to all managerial posts. The Guided Learning Hours (GLH) column shows the approximate time you will spend studying each subject.
Level 3 Award/Certificate or Diploma in First Line Management
|3008v1||Improving Team Performance||7||20|
|3003v1||Meeting Stakeholders Needs||6||20|
|3001v1||Personal Development as a First Line Manager||6||20|
|3004v1||Managing and Communicating Information||6||20|
|3005v1||Identifying Development Opportunities||6||20|
|37 Credits||120 GLH|
Level 5 Award/Certificate or Diploma in Management & Leadership
|5003v1||Managing Team and Individual Performance||9||30|
|5002v1||Information Based Decision Making||7||25|
|5005v1||Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs||6||20|
|5006v1||Conducting a Management Project||10||35|
|39 Credits||130 GLH|
Level 7 Award/Certificate or Diploma in Strategic Leadership
|7010v1||Implementing Organisational Change Strategies||7||25|
|7006v1||Reviewing Organisational Strategy Plans and Performance||9||30|
|7002v1||Developing Performance Management Strategies||7||25|
|7005v1||Conducting a Strategic Management Project||10||35|
|40 Credits||145 GLH|
How online learning works
Your online learning qualification follows a learning journey through a range of excellent resources. At the start of the programme you will be registered as a member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) which will give you access to thousands of learning resources on their website. You will also be sent a CMI Pathways workbook which will support your course.
The Learning Pathway involves:
- Reading selected sections of the Pathways workbook
- Undertaking e learning learning activities
- Reading articles and journals
- Looking at good practice checklists
- Watching on-line management videos
In addition you will be asked to supplement this with your own research and reading.
How assignments and assessment works
Your course will be assessed by a written assignment which has been set by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Level 3 Qualification in First Line Management – 1500 – 2500 words per subject
Level 5 Qualification in Management & Leadership – 2000 – 3000 words per subject
Level 7 Qualification in Strategic Management & Leadership – 2500 – 3500 words per subject
The process is simplified by breaking down the assignment into tasks which are completed in stages throughout your Learning Journey, so there are no long, drawn out assignments to write.
Developing U offers a wealth of resources to support you to complete the assignment which includes guidance, templates and on-line videos together with our FREE support service.
The support you will receive
We pride ourselves on the support we are able to offer. You will be supported throughout your study, initially by email with the option to move to telephone and skype support if required. Each candidate can access up to 30 minutes FREE support for each subject taken.
In addition to free one to one support, you will find a range of support material on our website such as templates, guidance notes and helpful PowerPoint presentations.
What if I have special learning and assessment requirements
Developing U welcomes anyone to apply for online learning qualifications. In some cases candidates may have:
- Carer responsibilities
- English as a second language
- Ill health
- Lack of experience of confidence with formal study and assessment
If you are concerned about your ability to undertake your qualification please contact us and we will be happy to talk about adaptations we can make to the qualification to support you. Everyone deserves a chance to gain a qualification and we therefore concentrate on your willingness to study as opposed to previous qualifications.
Is online learning suitable for me?
Undertaking a qualification will be perfect for you if:
- You are focussed and committed to studying
- You are prepared to devote 2 – 3 hours per week to your study
- You are happy to study on your own with support around you
- You stick to deadlines
- You are willing to ask questions and seek guidance
It is essential you stick to the deadlines agreed at the start of your programme. A £50 plus VAT fee will be charged for any overdue assignments unless you have exceptional circumstances such as serious ill health or death/serious health issues of a relative.
Developing U will give you the support you need to succeed, however, if you are unable to meet deadlines after 3 months with no contact we regret we will have to withdraw you from the programme.
How much does it cost?
Level 3 Award: £593.00
Level 3 Certificate: £807.00 (2 subjects)
Level 3 Diploma: £1642.00 (6 subjects)
Level 5 Award: £661.00
Level 5 Certificate: £831.00 (2 subjects)
Level 5 Diploma: £1692.00 (5 subjects)
Level 7 Award: £779.00
Level 7 Certificate: £1028.00 (2 subjects)
Level 7 Diploma: £1856.00 (5 subjects)
All prices are subject to VAT at the current rate.
How to Book
Complete our on-line application form OR Complete our request form and we will contact you to discuss online learning in more depth
Please take time to read our online learning terms and conditions document before committing to the programme
How to Pay
There are various ways you can pay:
* By invoice which you can pay by cheque or BACS transfer
* Alternatively you may prefer to pay by Paypal
Once you have decided the programme you would prefer, let us know and we will raise and invoice either by email or Paypal depending on your preference.